Butter Cake ? Oh No ...
I am not a fan of butter cake and I assumed my family too.
Chiffon cake is always my favourite, Love its texture, soft and light.
Still remember many years ago, when I first decided to bake a cake, I chose Chiffon Cake,
What !? You are a bravely lady C:
To bake a nice chiffon cake, for me as a baby in baking when baking is NOT my forte, baking is always my challenge,
Heaps of failure, it end up in the garbage bin, sad, discourage :C....
but me " Never Give Up" + a chiffon cake in New Zealand may cost you $15 at that time....
And again I assumed my family love chiffon cake as much as I am.
Ok, Ok back to Butter Cake.
I visited many bloggers' lovely kitchen, they baked n recommended butter cake,
Still ...I don't fall in love with butter cake,
Until one day I came across this recipe, where the method ask to
separate the egg yolks from egg white. I know this gonna be a good butter cake.
Yes It is a soft and light butter cake.
And now I love butter cake, guess what my hb, kids all enjoy this butter cake so much.
Mmmmmm..... maybe we need to change.
Life is sometimes boring,
Life should be fantastic, fun, marvellous, extraordinary, tremendous...
Soft Orange Butter cake
*makes a 9” square cake pan
6 egg yolks (large)
230g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
4tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp of orange zest
1/2tsp vanilla essence
6egg whites (large)
1. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
2. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and baking powder and beat well to combine. Fold through the orange juice ,orange zest and combine well.
3. Beat egg whites in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Gradually add in sugar, and beat till soft peak.
4. Take one portion of the egg white mixture, and use a hand whisk to stir well with egg yolk mixture till combine and thick paste.
5. Slowly fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
6. Spoon the batter in a cake pan which line the base with paper and lightly grease.
7. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 60mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
(Recipe from Sonia- Nasi Lemak Lover)
Last Friday I baked one, it gone in a day. I baked again yesterday
and last night it only left half of it.
While eating hb told me this is definitely a good good butter cake he ever had
~My Life ~ My Kitchen ~